Re: Tailgating was: not roadrage (non Dak)

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 07:43:31 EDT

In a message dated 99-07-12 21:37:01 EDT, Jon picks
up the ball and sez.

<<
    I think a major reason why you should pull over to the right whenever
 someone faster comes up behind you (no matter what your speed) is that you
 don't know all the facts of the situation. If you're doing 80 and someone
 comes up behind you doing 120, it could be some punk trying to show off, it
 could be someone trying to get an allergic family member to the emergency
 room before they swell up and die, or anything in between those extremes.
 Plus, moving over will help to promote proper traffic flow and prevent
 tempers from flaring. When someone faster comes up behind me I ALWAYS
 move over, even if it means I have to slow down to match the speed of the
 traffic in the right lane for a few moments. In fact, I LOVE it when
 someone faster goes by; they're the one that will get nailed by the police,
 and I can also move in behind them, match their pace, and go faster than I
 could alone (due to speeding ticket paranoia). There is no reason NOT to
 move over, and so very MANY to do so!

                                             TouchDown!