Re: Oil check observation

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 13:00:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/99 11:57:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
ashort@flash.net writes:

<< I use a gas station that sits on a hilltop and it has driveways that
 fall off with the land, not REAL steep, but definately a grade. So...
 I'm filling up and I decide to check the oil
 The truck is sitting with the nose downhill, so I'm thinking, if
 anything it'll read too much oil. It's a front dipstick with a rear
 sump, so I figured the oil would slosh foreward and show to be too full.
 It was just the opposite. It showed 1 quart low(rechecked 3 times), but
 I didn't add any. I went home to level ground to recheck it.
 It was full, as always.
 No big deal, I just think it's strange. Alan S.

Same thing on my 92 in my sloped driveway, Downhill reads low, Uphill reads
high, Go Figure!

Richard Lewis, Houston, TX
92 LE CC, 318, Auto