Re: Dual 12" fans wasRe: MPG wasRe: GenII Mileage report

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 14:52:30 EDT

Bob to Bob,

I live in SC, where the weather is HOT in the summer time. I have had the
fans long enough now, to try them in all our hot weather. I am very
pleased. Stop & go traffic with the A/C on, never over about 190. Fans run
all the time with the a/c on and actually are cooler running then before,
even when in traffic. With air off, seldom come on at all, sometimes at a
long light in the heat or after stopping and sitting. Only problem that I
have had, can trigger the alarm when turning on while parked. Happened
once. I am very happy with them and have experienced the biggest
improvement with them, vs any other mod.
Cover as much area as possible for the install. Got lots of pointers on
here and finally tackled it, taking the radiator out and actually laying
the fans on it, tilting at an angle across the radiator. This gets the best
coverage. I also cut the seal around the fans, so where they go off the
radiator to the side, I was able to pull the rubber down to seal against
the radiator itself. This worked out well. I had help with the wiring,
little too much for my simple non-electrical mind.
The only time the fans ran more was when I was towing a trailer on a house
move, slow speeds and backing, etc, tho never above about 200 max, not even
to the mid-point on the gage. I would not hesitate to do it again.

At 08:30 AM 7/15/99, you wrote:
>At 12:08 AM 7/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>Bob Hardt
>>Aiken,SC
>>99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, Leach headers, Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans,
>>Quick D intake, 180 stat
>
>Bob
>
>Did you do a previous post(s) on your Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans?
>Pros/cons on stop/go traffic, hot weather with A.C. on, installation
>mods, etc? I'd like to hear about them if you have not ... if you have,
>I'll search the archives for them. TIA.
>
>Bob
>Burlington, Ontario
>
>'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red

 ~~~~~Bob