Installed Shocks and waxing question

From: SmokinDakota (webmaster@smokindakota.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 17:56:13 EDT

I remember someone complaining about the difficulty of installing the front
shocks. I don't remember the year of the Dakota, but I just got done
installing some R/T shocks on the front. It took about an hour, and keep in
mind I am not too mechanically knowledgeable. All in all, it was pretty
straightforward. All it took was a 15mm and 10mm socket and a long extension
and of course jack stands. It was a lot easier with an extra set of eyes and
hands to position the top of the shock in the hole. A couple weeks back, I
installed the rear shocks and they were a lot harder. Mainly due to the nuts
were very hard to get off and the passenger side upper nut is kinda blocked
by the heat shield for the muffler.

Now, since the truck show is this weekend and I don't feel like paying a
detailer $100+ to do a full out detail on my truck, I have the task of
waxing the dak tomorrow. I have some scratches and paint over spray
spots(very small). Someone recommended using a clay bar. Is there any other
solution? I already know of the Zaino, so no need to post any comments on
that product.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk