RE: Factory Alarm

From: Randall Chase (rwchase@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 00:50:32 EDT

  I would assume that your factory alarm is the same as my Mopar alarm.
There are two areas covered by my alarm which include pin switches
(i.e.:doors), and a shock sensor. Now this shock sensor is a 4"x2"x1"
(aprox) black rounded box with a white knob on the side of it which allows
the adjustment of the sensitivity. I would bet that it is turn way down,
probably for shipping from the factory. The install manual says to mount it
to the steering column, but it could be anywhere under the dash mounted to a
piece of the body structure. Mine is adjusted so that jumping up and down
on the side step would set off a full alarm where as a bump to the body will
simply cause it to chirp. Hope this helps. I would talk to your dealer if
I were you.

-Randall Chase-
99 Sport Club Cab 4x4, 318 cid, Westin Steps Bars, K&N Filter, Rhino
Lining,EVS II Plus Security System
Next up : Cat Back Exhaust , Lift Kit