Re: NEW possible options -R/T Towing

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 13:41:09 EDT

At 06:29 PM 7/15/99 , you wrote:
> So, why should I NOT be greedy?

Do you really want me to give you a lecture on the moral evils of greed?
Would it do any good?

> Are auto manufacturers not greedy?

Arguably, yes. But what's your point. That two wrongs make a right?

> I think that the R/T owners should get as must as possible out of DC. No
>doubt that I would. Did they have any problem asking 30K for a truck?
>No. Still, we had to make the decision to buy a 30K truck, and not a 10K
>Civic BUT DC knew that people would choose the 30K truck and pay that
>price. In this day and age, so many people see something they want, put
>it on credit, and forget about it. (no offense to anyone using credit of
>course, just making 15k a year and buying a 25k truck is ludicrous)

Not really sure what your point is here. First of all, R/Ts go for
considerably less than 30K (unless your talking Canadian in which case I'm
lost in the conversion haze). Are you saying that R/Ts are not worth the
20-25K US that people pay for them? Worth it or not it was still your
choice to buy one. Now you come back and say "Sure, I bought one but it was
overpriced so I'm going to get greedy if I get half a chance." Please!!!

>So,
>why shouldn't I try and nail them when they make a mistake. I don't
>think a few R/T owners will be putting them out of business.

Would you want someone to try to nail you just because you make a mistake?
You wouldn't? So why do you think it's OK to do it to someone else when you
wouldn't want it done to you? It's not just a few R/T owners. Greed
permeates our society and we are all the worse off for it. Contrary to
Michael Douglas' famous line from "Wall Street" greed is *not* good.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Let me tell you the one thing I have against Moses. He took us
forty years into the desert in order to bring us to the one place
in the Middle East that has no oil! Golda Meir