Re: teenagers and V8s

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 07:03:22 EDT

The difference between an adult driving "crazy ass" and a 16/17 year old
doing so involves a couple things.......

1) Adults have had more years driving in general, even if they ARE (in your
opinion) driving bad......They are less likely to kill someone else when
driving badly in most cases just because they have more experience on the
road and they don't have to deal with peer pressure.......

2) MOST (and I know I'll get flamed on this one) teens don't pay their own
insurance, car bills, etc....some teens do, I know...but even then....if
they wreck and the insurance bill goes up, so what? They ONLY have that
bill to worry about.....try having a mortgage, etc etc and a kid and watch
how fast your driving skills and your cautiousness while driving improves!
Those that do pay for their own wheels, insurance, repairs, etc respect the
vehicle as a beautiful but dangerous piece of machinery and GENERALLY know
better anbd their driving reflects that........

There is a difference between driving "spriritedly" and driving like an
!@$#hole. Unfortunately, when a teen is "hanging" with buddies in a car,
they tend to drive like !@#$holes, mostly cause they wanna be cool. All of
us "oldtimers" have been there, done that....

Some teens may be fine drivers with cat-like instincts on the road, so they
can drive like they are on a racetrack....But do me a favor, if you feel
you are one of these types, and if you get up my way, let me know you're
around.....I'll keep my Dak in the garage that day.....

At 08:20 PM 7/14/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Are you instulting my wasting of power and crazy ass driving, jsut because I
>am a teenager? I garentee you, there are many other adults that drive twice
>as bad as I do. Also, Most teenagers did have to drive some underpowered
POS
>in drivers ed(parents car) ya know, power is just one of those nice things...
> Greg
>(16 yrs old)

1992 Dodge Dakota V8 3.90's
1987 Honda Shadow VT1100C