Re: RE: New member(K&N)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 11:05:23 EDT

<< IN regards to the drop-in K&N filters, they do NOT screw anything up and
 they trap more dirt (and "other" things in the air) than any other element.
 This is mainly due to the oil that's on the filter. They also flow better
 as well. >>

Cough Cough, be careful here Bernd! :) I know its your personal opinion and
all, so here is mine. I have heard of many stories of people complaining
about how dirty their TB gets when using K&N in dusty and even normal
conditions, how thier filter warps and shrinks, how pricey K&N products are,
etc. Amazingly, K&N does sell those 'prefilters', how convenient for $15! K&N
must know of thier lower thatn average filtering capabilities. I have no
doubt of their hi-flowing capabilities, but question their filtering job.
Amsoil on the other hand, for $30, sells hi-flo oil wetted foam air filters.
All of their filters are called 2 Stage, meaning the air gets filtered in 2
stages, filtering the best of any filter out there, in my opinion. I have had
mine for over 40,000 miles and no dirt, crud, etc in the TB housing area.