Re: The demise of the pig

From: KURTZ ERIC (erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 14:10:49 EDT

lol Sorry for the scare there Ted! Nah, the Dak hasn't spent any time
at all off road! Its many miles of racing and beating that pig up with
a 5.9 attached to a 5 spd! I bought the truck to have fun at all
costs! Guess what, it's costing! But I'm having fun. I think racing
that Cobra last night was the one that finally put it over the edge.
Beat him by about a foot a couple of times. It started feeling a little
sloppy and the gears were a little louder. Now its howling, clunking
and grinding. Sounds like really bad backlash with a couple thumps
every rotation of the drive shaft or axle, either one. Its nice having
the 5 spd in a situation like that. I had to keep it in second for a
couple miles to get it home. I could get it up to about 35 and coast
for a few blocks and do it again. That really helped a lot. I would
have hated to have to keep it in D!
Eric