Re: MSD setup

From: kwjohn@ais.net
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 19:02:59 EDT

Hi all,

For anyone interested in putting the MSD ignition in their truck, take a
look at the August '99 issue of Sport Truck Magazine (now in the
newsstands). Starting on Page 132, it has an article called "Fire in
Dakota" that covers the install of the MSD 6A Ignition system in a 97
Dakota Sport CC V6. They did not put in a new coil of any kind, but
said that they noticed a slight difference in performance from this
upgrade. They also suggested that there will be other upgrades to this
truck in the future, so I'll let the list know if I see anything else.

Also in that issue (starting page 48) is a Hotckis lowering/performance
suspension install on a Dodge Dakota and Durango. If I'm not mistaken,
the photo's are of Gary Pinkley's Red V6 Dak? The vehicles look really
good, if you're into the lowered look (which I am).

Both articles are good reading.

Kurt