Re: Re: MSD setup

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 22:18:12 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/99 10:26:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mrdancer@camalott.com writes:

<< Have you considered that your MSD unit may be defective?? Granted, they
 make very reliable ignitions, but nobody is 1000% perfect all of the time :)

I had a defective retard box and thought it was the 6A. They replaced the 6A
and then found out it was the reatard box and they replaced that too. I've
seen the exact same scenario out of a Jacobs pro street. A guy in a 96 put
one on and lost 2 tenths called their tech and did everything they told him
and nothing. He went out and made 3 runs and came back to pits where I helped
him removed it and put it back to stock and went back out and got his 2
tenths back.

MSD had some suggestions but none worked. I have to use it with the retard
box when running juice but switch back to stock when not. One night I was
running juice all night and the bottle ran low just before the final run I
didn't feel like switching it so I redialed to what I had been running
without the juice for the last run but forgot to switch back to stock and ran
a little over 2 tenths off my dial and lost of course. I did see a post today
about new info from MSD and will try that to see what happens and I'll let ya
know if it works.

Bill