Re: Metrics - Was: Re: fishing rod holder-brent

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 20:45:01 EDT

Nope, I had it figured out back in Elementary School - just had to do the
Standard system to get along with everyone else :)

If we had all been taught Metrics as kids, and grown up around Metrics, we
would think the Standard system was really idiotic. Think about it, with
all Metric, you wouldn't have nearly as many tools and conversions would be
instant.

(entering legalese mode...)
BTW, American implies all of North America, South America and Middle America
(Latin America, Pan America). Remember that the next time the politicians
talk about "American" and "Americans". Most of us on this list are most
likely citizens of the USA, but I would venture to guess that everyone on
the list is American. Yep, even those Mexican-made RAM trucks are
"American-made" :)

(OK, back to pragmatic mode...)

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate