Re: Anybody have a nice liscense plate holder?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 17:46:12 EDT

<< Oh yea.. kinda on a related subject on my last post...

 I still have the "plain" dealership liscense plate holder on the truck... I
 have been keeping an eye open for anything nice to replace it with, but
 haven't had any luck

 Does anybody know of a nice chrome (or other shiny material) holder that is
 specificly geared towards Dakota (R/T) or Mopar in general???

 For my T-Bird I has last, I just put on a generic Ford Motorsports holder
 (chrome), and it looked pretty nice mounting my personalized Michigan plate.

On my Dak,and in my state, I am require to have a rear plate(not front and
rear like some states), so when I get plates I opt to pay $35(being the nice
hunter I am) to get Wildlife Plates, I then mount the plate on a smoked
plastic housing that covers the entire plate. I bought 2 stainless steel
screws the affix the plate/smoked cover to the bumper and 2 stainless
bolts/nuts to hold the bottom of the plate to the smoked cover securely. No
gripes from law enforcement ever, even when pull over. Looks nice from the
rear, alot better than those white plastic plate hardware. On the front I
have a metal plate that says Mopar(in blue) Performance(in red) the entire
background of the plate is a silver annodized finish. Very sweet looking
mounted(also with stainless steel hardware) between a big black grill/brush
guard.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6