Re: Computer reset questions

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 11:20:59 EDT

At 08:12 AM 7/18/99 , you wrote:
>These are the steps I follow to reset my computer. Please comment.....
>1 - disconnect battery cables (both - & +)

Not necessary to disconnect both, just the negative will do. On the other
hand, disconnecting both gives you a good excuse to clean up the battery
posts and terminals which is always a good idea.

>2 - Turn ignition for 10 seconds - to relieve any stored energy

If you're in a hurry, otherwise just leave the battery disconnected for 30
minutes or so for same result.

> Is this correct? When I do this I loose the time on the radio, but not
>the stations. I also loose the trip odometer but not the odometer. What
>gives? Is this normal?

Yes

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Let me tell you the one thing I have against Moses. He took us
forty years into the desert in order to bring us to the one place
in the Middle East that has no oil! Golda Meir