RE: Re[2]: TOTALLY NON PC was: fresh spot

From: Alex Ross (ajross50@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 19:04:20 EDT

To everybody bitching about the new coverage of JFK Jr., have a little
respect. He was the son of a former president, who, for all we know, was
killed by our own government. The only reason the subject has received so
much news coverage is because John Q. Citizen eats it up. We are the ones
who buy the supermarket tabloids and watch all the trashy TV talk shows. JFK
Jr. never asked for all this nor did he exploit or abuse his fame. He had
no choice in the fact that his father was president or any other person in
his family that is famous. To the person who posted earlier about John Q.
Citizen not receiving the same amount of rescue, you are wrong. I live in
Florida and always here of people lost at sea etc., and the effort that has
been mounted to find them. Granted, the rescue effort does not receive as
much news coverage, but like I said earlier, it is all about ratings. So,
if you don't like it, stop subscribing to it and let the news media know how
you feel.

Alex