Re: driveshaft carrier bearing going out??

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 01:19:18 EDT

Michael Stepka wrote...
>I Don't know if mine is the same exact problem as that, but I experience
the
>same vibrating and rattling at low Rpms, and especially in overdrive, like
>giving it a little gas, or going up a hill.. It shakes the whole truck
>really bad, and then it makes a loud clicking, rattle sound which sounds
>like it comes from the transmission. I took it to the dealer already
once,
>and they didn't fix it. I haven't had time with work and all to go, but
>when I do go I will demand it should be fixed.

My vibration and rattling only occurred at certain rpms, also - much like
you're describing. Usually, about 1/2-way thru acceleration up to 60mph or
so - that is why I thought it was the exhaust heat shields vibrating
(harmonic vibration with certain engine rpms).

To the guy with the one-piece driveshaft, I presume you have a regular cab,
short bed? I think all of the long-wheelbase Daks came with 2-piece shafts.

To the rest of you, thanx for your replies, I'll take a closer look at it
tomorrow, hopefully. Looks like I'll be taking the 'Wing in to work.....

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate