Re: [ATTN:****All Gas Gauge Problems****]

From: Charles Vargas (charles.vargas@usa.net)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 10:42:18 EDT

I have a 98 CC 5.2 V8 Dak that had the same problem. Luckly, my unit was fixed
under warrenty. I also found out that this is a problem with many Jeeps or
Grand cherokees. A friend of mine had the same problem and when he took his
Jeep in for service, he was told that Mopar had a known problem with the
sending units. When asked why there was not a TSB for the problem, he replied
that it was cheaper for cutomers to bring a car in for service than to mass
mail people.

Upon further investigation I found out that there are two differrent
contractors that Mopar uses for the Sending unit. Just depends on which one
you got when the auto was being assembled.