Re: RE: astro-jet

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 12:48:54 EDT

Hey Bernd,

I know this is off-topic (but not as much as the JFK jr thread)... but which
Tecumseh do you have? I've heard of a problem with removing the governer on
some of them due to weak valve retainers... you can drop a valve at high
RPM... it's the stamped sheet steel version that's no good... B&S Aluminum
retainers will fit and are more reliable...

It's the 6hp OHV that I know has the problem... the STAR engine is ok...