computer resetting

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 15:03:26 EDT

Somebody asked a few days ago, Why do I have to reset the computer to get any performance out of my DAK. Well I found an article in todays Wall Street Journal. It is on page A23, and is called "Who Controls the Idiot Light?". The next to last paragraph says;

.....The hot rodding community already reports the OBD computers will actually tune down the performance of improved engines after a few trips around the block so they perform within the putative air quality specs. So far, the "limp home" mode programmed into car computers has been designed to activate only for genuine maintenance emergencies, but someday an apparent failure to meet EPA's and CARB's wishes may be enough.......
                                           WSJ 7/21/99

Does anyone know the pin out for the OBD II connectors. I would like to make an adapter to run all the power inputs through a switch in the cab. This way I can reset the computer every time I shut off my DAK. This can also be a good security system.

Joe