Re: South Dakota

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 22:40:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/21/99 3:21:09 PM EST, MrDakota95@aol.com writes:

> ;m from Iowa but was over in S.Dakota last week, my son counted 70 Daks
just
> on
> I 29 from Iowa, S.Dak Border to Sioux Falls,They must really like Their
> States namesake!
>
> MrDakota95
> 95 CC SLT 4x2 5.2L

Heres a story: I had my ol 87 4x4 in Brookings. It was Feb and during a
cold spell (40 F below) I needed Gas and beer, so on a warm day, it was 25
below, I went out to fire her up. The whole front end was in a drift. I
thought no prob., I have 4wd. So I got in and went to set the choke. The
gas pedal wouldnt move. I dug out the hood and the drift continued into the
engine compartment. I took off the air cleaner and sprayed de-icer on the
carb and linkage. That worked, but when I started her up, well she sounded
like an ol John Deere two cyl tractor...thump thump thump. She was spitting
out black smoke, youd though I was burning coal! Anyways, I put some new
gas in her and she evened out and I put at least 40k on her after that before
I wrecked. Even after that, the engine still ran like a top!
Still alot of die hard chubby lovers up there.
I got 4x4 stories too! Even with the gutttless wonder (my ol 87 239)!
Boog