Re: Electric Fan Recommendation

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 20:20:15 EDT

TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com wrote:

> Hey Alan do you happen to have part numbers and do you think
> they'll support 300+ hp.
> Thanks, Ted O.
Since you ask what I think,
I think you don't need a electric fan or an underdrive pulley if you
have a supercharger.
Both will work fine, but they just aren't necessary at this point.
When I set about the task of modifying my R/T, I wanted to wring every
last ounce pound of torque and horsepower out of the stock 5.9, and I
feel I have accomplished that. I still have a few items left before I
decide if it's fast enough for me, such as a torque converter and 1.7
roller rockers.
If I had gone with a S/C or N20, I wouldn't have done most of these
mods, probably just exhaust & T/B.
                                       Alan S.