Re: Toy Tundra Review --- compare to Ram????

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 22:01:37 EDT

That's one of the reasons why I'm on this list.. I love the dakota, I almost
bought one when they re-designed in '97.... but I found out that at the time
I couldn't get one for a few months, and I could get a Ram 1500 ST 4x2 CC
5-speed 5.2L for less than what they were planning to sell the Dak's for....
(dealer was trying to really move '96s for invoice, to get more Dak's in
when they could) It was more truck than I needed, but after test driving
it, I didn't care :-)

that was my previous Ram (lived in Phoenix at the time.. 4x2 doesn't cut it
in Colorado- at least not where I live) When I needed to trade up, it was
right when the Quad Cab became available- which is nearly perfect for me,
and now I do feel I need the full-size more, with all the work I do on the
house.

Gary Shook