Normal Engine Temp

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc1@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 24 1999 - 18:45:12 EDT

Ok, next question about my new Durango. I was driving around town today,
and noticed the temp in my Durango was hovering at 195 (thermostat temp)
only while on the freeway doing 65-70 mph. If I got off, it would heat
right up to 210-220. In my Dak, I put a 180 Tstat, it would only go above
180 on a 100 degree day, while sitting in a Drive Thru, in the sun, with the
A/C going. So far, I can't get the Durango to get any cooler driving around
town. It is annoying that the fan clutch is ALWAYS engaged, that thing is
LOUD, and power robbing. Four things that are different from the Dak: The
Durango has the 360 engine, weighs a lot more, auto trans, and has rear A/C.
So, how hot do you R/T guys see your engine normally? My Durango has the
Heavy Duty service group. I just wanted to find out if this is normal, or
something I should be concerned with. It is was about 95 degrees out today.
Thanks,

Ryan LeBlanc
99, Durango, 5.9L, 4x4, SLT, Forest Green
soon to be ex:
97, CC, 5.2L, 5 spd, 4x2, SLT+