Re: Out of gas and dead.......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 00:06:56 EDT

<< Anyone on the list cleaned the injectors in a Gen II Dak? I screwed up and
 let my 95 run out of fuel today (DOH!) and now it is dead in the water. I
 added a gallon of fuel but it was running on about 4 cyl as I tried to make
 it to the gas station. A short distance from the house it died and would not
 restart. The wife did a great job towing me home with the R/T (yes, it will
 tow more than 2000#), anyway I am figuring the injectors are clogged with
 some crap.........Ideas from anyone?

 Looks like Sealy is out for me in the 95........hmmmmmmm maybe its time to
 take the R/T out........ 8^) >>

In a way my 93 died due to lack of fuel on 4-5 different occassions. All of
them were due to the pump failing(4 times) and thus not having gas or gas
pressure; so basically the same thing as running out of gas. Every time on
mine when the pump was replaced it cranked right up and started.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6;107,000 miles