Re: What cloths to use when waxing

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 19:55:04 EDT

At 05:53 PM 7/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Caution of the threads used on diapers, normally polyester, which will
>scratch finish. Take the thread and light it, if it gives off black smoke,
>don't use it. Bob H.

>>>In a message dated 7/22/99 8:25:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>>>tigers@bserv.com writes:
>>>100% cotton or flannel ... the material that they used to make diapers
>>>with. Bob, Burlington, Ontario

>>At 05:56 PM 7/23/99 EDT, you wrote:
>>Thanks Bob, Geez I hope my wife does'nt come back with pampers or
>>something... Ted O.

Good point. I guess that I should have emphasized that the 'USED TO MAKE'
goes back three generations ... not sure if cloth diapers of 100% cotton or
flannel are still available. I think the polyester mix came in about the
'70s.

I, personally, found some 100% flannel material with hockey players on them
(what else, eh) and cut them into smaller size pieces.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red