Re: Re[2]: 4 wheelin(equipment) -- New 4x4 Durango

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 00:47:18 EDT

<< Good size chunk of plywood (for a jack stand).
 Jack (of course ;-) OEM will do but a high-lift is better... Gotta' get
one
 of those myself.
 When ya' get more serious get everything that Kyle says plus a heavy duty
come-a-long (or winch) >>

Tom,
Good thinking here with the plywood for the jack stand/base!!! This is
especially helpful when using the Hi-Lift on soft ground(sand, mud, etc) as
it will prevent or help to prevent the jack from sinking when jacking up your
truck to stuff branches, limbs, sleeping bags(its been done!) under the tires
for traction when stuck.I would say even try to find a nice 3/8"-1/2" thick
piece of steel that the Hi-Lift base can be mounted on; plenty wide. Like
maybe predrill the holes in the steel and have some Grade 8 bolts welded from
the bottom with the threads sticking up so all your have to do it pop the
jack's base onto this steel base and go! Maybe even get the base rubber
coated so its rustproof. Man I am really thinking hardcore use now eh?
Overbuilt and proud of it!!!! Also, save your money and don't buy a
come-a-long, as the Hi-Lift can be used as one!!! Man, now I want a
Hi-Lift!!! and this beast of a base.......break out the catalogs, and find me
the best price. I know there are a couple different Hi-Lift models to choose
from, as far as lift height, what the jack is actually made of(cast iron
composite or all steel I think)........either way, I gotta start
researching!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6