RE: RE:Subject: : ATF

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 01:06:00 EDT

Cool idea on the line splice!! (Never thought of that)

One little trick here: Use about 3 quarts of TYPE-F to make the shifts
firmer. This is an old trick that is an undocumented fact with the older
Chrysler 727's and 904's...and can be used in the newer transmissions as
well. The "F" in Type-F stands for Friction Modifier (and is the same stuff
as the B&M Trick Shift Fluid) and was used by Ford because they used to
build some pretty crappy transmissions way back when and added this modifier
to get the clutches a little bit "stickier". In the old shop(s) that I used
to work in, we always added 2 - 3 quarts of Type-F to the Chrysler and GM
transmissions without any problems and they shifted exceptionally
well...even without a shift kit (but the shift kits always helped though).

My old Boss was also the former president of Mopar Alley (early 90's) and
had an article published in one of the old publications that proved
this...with an excerpt from Chrysler direct.