clear tailight legality solved(at least in Texas)

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (digum98@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 11:04:42 EDT

Hey all,
I now know what needs to be done to have the clear
rears on all the time. The Texas law says that you
must have 2 red reflectors on the back of your
vehicle. It doesn't matter where, as long as they are
on the back of the truck. This is straight from the
horse's mouth(law book). A friend of mine has had the
same cop pull him over constantly for his clear
tailights. He got out of the tickets bcs he had a red
reflector on his spoiler.(he has a jap car) He took
the whole assembly into the courts and they dismissed
his ticket. Then the same cop pulled him over again,
and my friend said that he got out of the tickets.
Then the cop proceeded to pull out the law book and my
friend read it. That is what it said. Just thought I'd
let you know. I don't know if it is the same for other
states, but that is what it is here.

===
Later,
Geoffrey