Re: end of MTBE

From: Alberto Aguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 17:31:13 EDT

Yup, I work in an Environmental lab and we analyze for that compound
all the time. We also check for benzene, toluene, xylenes ,etc. We
get groundwater samples that are,at times, contaminated. I'm sure they
will replace MTBE with some other oxygenate, maybe an organicly
syntesized one.

dak content: I need to put gas in my truck after work.......sniff
sniff what's that smell........chemical spill at work gotta go!!!

Alberto Aguirre
http://thematrix.acmecity.com/oracle/195/98dakota.html

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/science/072799sci-epa-gasoline.html?Partner=HMCNewsRefIartners.nytimes.com/library/national/science/072799sci-epa-gasoline.html?Partner=HMCNewsRefId=ZOPjxYEutttnwFwK