RE: better mileage w/180 or 195 stat?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 21:50:22 EDT

It's not like I really care that much...I'll try something to see if it
works. If it does, great. If not, that's called trial and error. Getting
the best combination won't always work for identical engines...as you
probably already know...but the 180 seems to be the exception.

With all the mods on the truck, it still gets 17-19mpg on
average....15-16mpg if i'm lead-footing it.

My old Javelin's mileage went down with a 160 but gets its best mileage with
a 180. (Stock is a 195). Same thing went for my old Camaro as well
(R.I.P.).