Re: lowering my dak pt.2

From: Chuck & Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 00:07:49 EDT

Mark,

    I plan on lowering my Dak sometime in the near future as well.
Other than the tools you have listed, you might want to include a
pry bar or two (just in case).
    Something you mentioned briefly, but is probably the most
important tool is something to aid the jack in keeping your Dak
off the ground. If you're under your Dak and the jack decides to
sh!#t out, you are going to need something to stop your Dak
from crashing down on you.
    A good set of jack stands can be bought for under $30 at
WalMart, AutoZone or PepBoys. If you don't want to spend the
money on something you might use a couple times a year, at least
use something. If you have access to lumber, you could stack a
couple of piles per side to help with the weight. If you do use lumber,
be sure to release the jack so your Dak settles down on the wood.
This helps stabalize the cribbing and also prevents you from the need
of changing your shorts if the jack sh!#ts out.
    Another advantage of using jack stands or something similar is that
you can jack up your Dak, lower it a little on the stands and then use the
jack again to help you raise/lower the rear end. This will save a lot of
muscle on your part.
    Good luck. I'd be interested in hearing how your kit installed and how
the ride/handling was afterwards. Oh, something else you might want is
a pipe which fits over the ratchet handle fo extra leverage on those tough
nuts.

Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Dak Sport V-6, 5spd, 2wd, RC
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dak01001.htm