Got my Kenne Bell Cold Air... here's the description

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 12:01:46 EDT

I installed my Kenne Bell cold air intake last night, and here is the scoop.
Imagine taking the stock air box and increase the pipe diameter
significantly, smooth out the air box to wrap around a big cone filter
(looks to be between 9" and 11"), drop the air intake tube down into the
fender hole so that none of the air comes from the engine compartment,
install an S-Bolt, smooth out the airhat for better flow.

Gen II vs Kenne Bell

I have not seen the Gen II in person but from comments and pictures, I have
gathered this.

Pros
Kenne Bell does not whistle.

Kenne Bell does not take in any air from the engine compartment.

Kenne Bell cone filter looks bigger (could be wrong about this).

Cons

Kenne Bell uses hoses instead of one hard tube.

Gen II probably looks better.

What I noticed:
After installing the intake, I immediately noticed a few things. When I put
it into reverse or drive (without touching the gas) the truck wanted to move
more, and when I gave it gas, it did not slow down as fast when I let off. I
got on it, and the tires spun out much more easily. It seems to be more
responsive when I get on it. This is probably mostly due to the S-Bolt. The
other thing I noticed was that the truck never reached 210 this morning
while sitting in traffic with the A/C on (it has the past couple of days
with today being no different weather wise).

I like it, but I can already see a few places to improve on the design.

I will take some pics and hopefully publish them somewhere sometime soon. I
will let you know.

gordon