Front spring install

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 20:02:15 EDT

It looks like I'll be doing an install on some taller coil springs for the
front of my Dak within the next couple of weeks. Here's a question for you
guys who have done front end spring swaps - Will I need a coil spring
compressor, or is there enough travel in the lower A-arm to use a technique
of putting the truck up on jackstands, then putting a floor jack under the
A-arm, taking the balljoint loose, and then SLOOOOOWWWWWLY letting the floor
jact down to take the stress out of the spring? Oh, man, this is gonna be
fun!.

SteveM.