Viper engine info

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 22:58:12 EDT

I just got my cruise control kit I ordered from Koller Dodge today and
they threw in one of their catalogs. I found something that has been
discussed lately and in the past. I have shown interest, but no money,
as well as others so here is the info. For those of you, like me, who
feel that the dakota should have a Viper V10 in their dak because the
current engine lineup is just to wimpy. We'll you can have the Viper V10
crate motor (the same engine in the current Viper GTS) for the low price
of .... $12,999.00! Sorry for the sales bit but I just couldn't believe
this price. If you think how much a Viper costs then it makes sense but
wow! Oh, if you want to upgrade the intake they start at another 12
grand. Nothing that I saw for the Viper in performance was cheap ...
wow. I still would like to see it done but I need to overcome my
financial handicap first. Any rich folks on the list want to indulge in
a project with my truck. Of course I still own and get to drive my truck
so that when it appears in all of the truck mags it can still be labled
as a true daily driver. Any takers? :-)

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport