Re: Need more auxil. wiring help

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 22:35:06 EDT

Why don't you just wire them up directly? Some on the list probably won't agree
but here goes. (1) Wire up each light in the front by grounding it and then daisy
chaining the power (one power cable goes to the farthest light from drivers side
and the other light taps in to that cable). The power wire from the lights run
all of the way back to the switch under the dash. Run a power wire from the
battery to the switch (other side of the circuit on the switch - the power wire
from the lights goes to the other side of the circuit - your switch should have a
diagram). Make sure that you check to see how many amps the light draw and put an
in'line fuse to cover it. (3) wire a ground from the switch to a bare paiece of
metal under the dash (on older daks there is a great piece behind the lower
steering column cover and to the left of the steering column.

This should make it work and then you can fire them up whenever you feel like it.
I saw that someone said you would burn up the switch but I had my hella 550
driving lights hooked up like this and never had a problem. Even if the switch
only lasts 2-3 years it's a quick and cheap replacement but I don't think you'll
ever have a problem. Hope this helps.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport