Cruise control

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 22:51:27 EDT

Long post ahead.....!!!!!!

We'll I started my cruise control install today and some was easy and
some we'll read on. The first part I did was the vacum pump that hooks
up with a cable to the throttle body. Had to drill 3 holes in the
firewall the only hard part of this install was that one of the hole was
a pain to do because the condeswer for the a/c was in the way. I got
around that.

The second part I attempted was a pain with an anoying end. You are
supposed to replace the brake light switch with a new one from the kit.
I figured must have a bigger purpose know or is needed to disengage to
cruise control. After removing the lower part of the dash its tucked up
in there but you can get to it. The problem is that it's mounted on a
bracket that impossible to get out. The part of the brake pedle that
touches the switch gets in the way and you cannot move it enough to get
the bolt for the bracket out of the hole. After messing with it and
using a few four-letter word and calling a few dodge engineers some very
crude things I finally gave up. I decided to look at the part to see
what makes the new one so special onlu to find out it is exactly the
same part. I even double checked the part number on it. I verified the
plug and looked very closely at the wires to make sure they were all
there and they were in the same positions and everything was the same.
Boy was I pissed! The only thing I can figure is that this is just a
precaution to make sure the switch works right. I will know more about
this tommorrow after I do the final step. This is the button
installation and installing a new spring clock in the steering wheel. I
habve to remove the airbag. From what it says it should be simple just
have to be very careful. Anyways wish me luck. I will post pics when I'm
done.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport