Re: CA Emissions VS. OR Emissions

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 14:17:43 EDT

Sam Parthemer wrote:

> Check with the DMV, as they are the ones that will let you know the
> laws. I was told that a 49 state Federal car wouldn't be
> able to register in CA. unless you are in the military, a while
> back. Because it is a commercial vehicle, maybe the laws are different.
> Best bet to check with the DMV.

Sam,

This wouldn't make sense or be fair. It would cause anyone moving to
Calif to have to sell their car ;) I believe the way it works is you get
spanked with the fee initially, then in subsequent years there is some
note on your registration that exempts you from the same stringent CA
emissions test.

But as you say, the best source would be contacting the DMV for the
straight poop.

Bob