re:Just Removed Muffler: I like it

From: Gene and Renee Rivers (dakota_rt@army.net)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 22:16:20 EDT

I had the muffler removed from my 1995 Dakota 5.2L RC a couple of years ago
and also like it. I have had no tickets for loud pipes, but did have a
service station refuse to issue a Texas state safety inspection sticker
once. No problem, I just went down the street to the next station, got a
emission test and a sticker. The inspector had my Dak revved up to 2,200
rpm performing the emissions test and was yelling at me about how nice the
truck sounded. Go figure. I have people all the time asking me what kind of
muffler I have. "Muffler, what muffler?" I like the sound of it. It will
crackle and pop on deceleration if you are shifting the auto manually. I
have a "Y" behind the cat and two 21/2ln pipes running out the back with
some 68 Charger tips.

Gene & Renee Rivers
99 R/T, CC, DA
95 SLT, RC, CR