RE: emission laws and stupid crap!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 1999 - 17:23:56 EDT

It is a good idea to always have one around. If you have Mag wheels, if you
can afford it get a class ABCD one. If you do ever have a small engine fire
never open the hood, unless you do not like your facial hair... If you're
gonna fire the fire, pop the hood and poke the hose into the engine bay from
the opening between the hood and body and use short bursts from the
extinguisher into different areas of the bay, once you've beaten down the
fire (loads of white smoke) then you could open the hood (very slowly and
extinguisher ready) and finish it off. If the fire has already spread the
passenger compartment forget it... You'll need water then cause the vinyl
burns fast and hot(and lots of nasty gases). Just for the record at that
point technically it is considered 2 separate fires. Also always keep the
wind to your back otherwise you get fumes and radiant heat in your face.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd