Re: Re: Computer or Emisions MUST GO--RE RE

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 10:01:02 EDT

>1. the altitude, but the computer SHOULD compensates for that.
>SHould have? it took me almost 1/2 tank gas to get up to Grand lake from
>Boulder.

You are correct, the computer will adjust for the different altitude

>2. ALL the California emissions installed on the vehicle.
>I think is the real problem here.
>What would it take to remove all the emmisions junk from a DAK?

That's just plain ignorant. The emission controls on the CA vehicles vs.
the 49 state are not that much different...and do not take up that much
more HP to affect driveability. Not to forget fines, inspection failures,
and a voided warranty if you remove all of the emission controls. (If you
want, remove the computer which is the brains of the emission controls and
see what happens to your Dak.)

>3., it could of been the lower horsepower Neon .
>I thought all that dry cool air would make up for that (12% humidity in CO.
>-- 97% in MI. when I left )

More than likely. The automatic and basic neon are VERY slow.