Re: Re: Computer ---ATTN Stevie

From: Tim (magnum318@bewellnet.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 20:14:17 EDT

 Stevie-

 I have a '95 and I have extensive upgrades on it--I'm guessing I put out
around 275 horses from the engine. The altitude doesn't bother it. I do
notice when I visit my folks in Missouri that I have what seems to be more
horsepower, and that's because they live at 600 ft. or so. I know it's the
computer compensating and enriching the mixture because of the heavier air
and humidity. A lot of people don't know that the higher the altitude the
leaner the mixture has to be---less air,means less fuel to balance out the
mixture, so the vehicle doesn't run rich. Yeah I know about our hobby with
the truck--my wife doesn't understand. Maybe now she will, because I won an
award Sunday at a truck fest in Denver for all the hard work I did on it.