Re: F&B TB pics???

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 17:11:13 EDT

<< Kyle,
 We have done some of the V-6 TB's and are happy with them. Currently, we are
 doing all work on CNC machines. These are quite expensive and for the most
 part, are kept busy with other jobs, so I need to schedule time on them. On
 the V-8's, we are currently running batches of 100 at a time and would like
 to push this up to larger batches. With the V-6's, I don't have any cores at
 this time. A while back, I posted prices of the V-6 TB by year. I really
 don't have time to chase down used cores but I did give my buddy who owns a
 salvage yard a call, he has 5 V-6 cores he will give me. If I had 20 people
 committed to buying these (would need to get at least 15 people willing to
 spring for a new core), then I would be glad to do a batch of these.
 Anything less then 20 is just not feasible given the setup time on these CNC
 machines.

Thanks for the info Frank, looks like I am just going to try the 'homebrew'
route and see how things go, since I dont really want to wait more than a
month for a TB and don't really want to put more than $100 into a TB(it's
just me). I will break out the ole Dremel from the garage and go to town.
Gotta go research now the DML archives and fellow DMLer's websites for TB
mods, thanks anyways!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6