RE: Re: Jet chips

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 18:40:28 EDT

I just got off of the phone with JET and they stated: "YES, It does firm up
the shifts on the automatics but it depends on the driver and their driving
style to actually notice it. It also bumps up the timing 2 - 4 degrees and
fattens up the fuel curve a little bit. However, if you are running the
Stage-2, make sure you have the 180 Thermostat installed and are running
ATLEAST 89 octane fuel. We recommend 92 for the Stage-2."

Also, on the IAT sensor debate, they (JET) sells a relocater for the GM
systems that puts the sensor in a cooler location (i.e.: Intake Tube). The
Tech highly recommended that we do the same thing. He admitted that the
motors DO fall on their faces when it gets hotter and even told me how to do
it myself. (Like I didn't know that already.) Anyway, so off I go to
Maggies Dodge to pick up an IAT sensor and will be remounting it on my
intake tube along with a longer harness and connector. News at 11 o'clock
(or next week after it's done).

- Bernd