subject: knock sensors do exist

From: Markram123@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 19:30:12 EDT

the magnum engines dont have a specific knock sensor but the pcm detects
knock by signals gained from the crank position sensor and the cam position
sensor...if knock is detected the computer will retard the timing...i know
this because i worked closely with a chrysler engineer in designing my custom
pcm...i am currently running 12lbs of boost on a 5.9 magnum engine..it still
has a stock bottom end (NO KNOCK...knock on wood)...and it is the fastest
full size daily driven ram in the country, i have a vast amount of practical
knowledge about these engines as well as the pcm system,so dont take
everything you read so seriously,,,the mopar tech line(idiots) told me most
of what ive done couldnt be done,,my truck is proof positive that it
can...heres a link!!! oh and see ya at the races!!!!

<A HREF="http://surf.to/DragTruk">DragTruk - Pickups on the dragstrip?</A>