Re: Mods , etc.

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 01:30:04 EDT

>> 1. High flow TB from F+B

frank and bruce don't make TB's for premags, but I know someone who does.
You'll do good to go to aboneyard and get a TB off of a 89 V8 and swap
it.

>> 2. Home brew FIPK type thing

I got part numbers if you want em'

>> 3. Headers

go for it! Igot part numbers on those too

>> 4. High flow muffler and/or High flow Cat

do both.. no more than 2.5" tho.... you'll be sorry if you go too big

>> 5. Mopar SBEC

they don't make one =(

>> 6. Maybe Jet chip

go for it!! I love mine!!

>> 7. 180 T-stat

only with the JET, oitherwise you don't need it.

here are some =)
from my experience with my 88', the headers and exhaust are the best
thing you can do right off, next do the JET (stage II) and the FIPK. You
can stick a 14x3 K&N on there without a problem. Just these mods on mine
and I spank stock magnum V6ers all day. The JET really made a difference.
When you do the exhaust, don't go any bigger than 2.5". I had a 3" on
there for a couple years and it really hurt me. As far as the TB goes,
run to a junkyard and get a TB off of an 89 318. no bigger. You'll really
see some improvement with the V8 TB. I'm doin' one really soon...

good luck!!

-mike "premags rule!" d.

miggitymike@juno.com
VERY Black 88 6er, Edelbrock Headers, Borla Muffler, TekStyle Tonneau,
14x3 K&N,
Daytona buckets, Magnecor wires, JET stage II, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
------------->"How does a Saxophonist answer the phone? "Thank you for
callin' Domino's!"