Re: Chassis Dyno

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 14:04:44 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Ok... a question was posed to me by my brother in law regarding his (yuck)
> Mitsubishi 3000 GT (Twin Turbo) and some Dyno Testing. I didn't know what
> to tell him since his car is All-Time 4WD (No part-time at all) and the
> chassis dyno's only do the rears or fronts...not both.
> Anyone got any ideas??

At Alamo Autosports in Arlington, TX, they do mostly rice stuff,
including AWD's.
I asked them how they dyno'ed AWD cars. He said on Eagle Talons,
there is a plate opening in the x-fer of the car that can be removed.
Inside there is a lever you can move to disengage the rear of the AWD.
Then they run it on the dyno like a FWD car. The only problem is the #'s
would be a little higher than they would with the rest of the drivetrain
engaged.
I don't know how or if you can do this to a 3000, but it could be
similar.
Call a local rice shop with a dyno and ask them. Alan S.