Re: Door Panel Plastic Rattling (Dynamat)

From: gmvega (gmvega@gateway.net)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 10:46:11 EDT

Hello Ben,
Before I started upgradeing my stereo system, I decided to start off with a
good working base. I used Rockfords version of Dynamat thrroughout the cab.
The doors insides were sprayed with a dampening material and door skins were
covered with the mat. The same was done to the back part of the CC. Inside
was sprayed and the outer skin with mat. I covered the backside of the cab
and the floorpan as well. The material is quite expensive, selling for
approximately $20 for about 4.33 ft2, so total I used $300 -400 for the cab.
On the door panels, I completely covered the area around the door speaker to
minimize the rattling. Even with my system turned up high, there is no
vibration or rattling. Aside from the cost point of view, there is a
disadvantage as far as additional weight (easily 50+ pounds).

Check the internet for best buys.
http://www.audio-etcetera.com/audio-etc/

Gilbert Vega '98 BL CC R/T