Initial PowerDyne R/T results

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 20:43:29 EDT

To those DMLers who expressed an interest in supercharging their Dakotas,
here are two initial results from R/T owners who are using the PowerDyne
Supercharger. The first has a '99 RC R/T.

[First owner]

"I just ran my first runs with my SC at the drag strip. Best time was
14.158 @
96.95 after iced and sat for about 45 mins. Temp was around 70-75 humidity
low. My best time without SC was 15.5. <snip>"

[2nd owner]

Vehicle: 98 Flame Red Club Cab 11,000 miles
Bone stock:
0-60= 6.6
1/4 mile e.t.=15.17
1/4 mile speed=93.5mph
Comments=87octane, spark knock, 1200rpm launch

Vehicle: Same with 11,500 miles
Powerdyne 6 lb SC, MSD Boost retard
0-60=5.6
1/4 mile e.t.=14.28
1/4 mile speed 100.2mph
Comments=93 octane, MSD Boost retard set at 2 degrees retard per lb of
boost, 1500rpm launch

Gains= 1 full second in 0-60 times, .9sec in 1/4 mile times, and over
6.5mph in 1/4mile speed.

NOTE: No other changes have been made to compliment the SC, such as
S-bolt, colder plugs, etc. I truly believe that I will break 13.90's
with little effort in the near future.

Supplied as information only.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red