Re: Our brand new 2000 4.7 SLT+ 4x2 Club Cab

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 21:28:56 EDT

Sounds nice, now feel us in on the options and color. Funny, our Dak CC is
my wife's ride too! She drives her everyday, has not complained any about
the mods, tho she says no louder on the exhaust! Gets many compliments on
her shiny black Dak!

At 02:21 PM 8/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>My wife and I have been looking for a V8 dakota for a few months now.
>This weekend while visiting my sister in Ft. Worth, we stop into a Dodge
>dealer and fresh off the trailer was the beautiful beast described in the
>subject line. With a $21,000 sticker I hestitated even test driving it,
>but thankfully my wife (whom I bought the truck for) insisted on taking
>it for a spin.
>
>Earlier that day I test drove a 318 Ram 4x2 and the 4.7 Dakota felt like
>it would leave the Ram choking on Dakota exhaust. Not to mention it
>handled 150% better.
>
>Ours included the new automatic tranny. This had to be the smoothest Auto
>I have even driven. Upshifts are nearly unnoticable and down shifts are
>softer than a baby's bottom. A big gold star to Dodge for this
>improvement. :)
>
>As for the electric fan that I saw mention of in the Archives... Our Truck
>has an electric fan mounted on the inside of the radiator, but there is
>still a belt driven fan connected to the water pump and a cowel molded for
>and around this fan.
>
>I can't wait for this engine (which had 3 miles on it when we bought it)
>to be broken-in so I can get some 1/4 mile times.
>
>Proud to be a dakota owner,
> -Brett
>
>PS Sorry for the long post, but I am a little excited. Can you blame me?

> "An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys."
>
>Brett Elliott brett@cs.utexas.edu
>Systems Analyst Computer Science Major
>Computer Writing and Research Labs

Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, Leach headers, Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans,
Quick D intake, 180 stat, F&B Stage I TB