Re: 99 steering wheel radio controls

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 22:17:23 EDT

wow really? I didn't think it was such a big production. I really thought
that it was just buttons that were made to fir the wheel and wires that were
run down. I really didn't think you would need a whole new wheel. Well I'll
look into it with the dealer and let you know what I find out.

Thanks for replying,
Joe G.

<< I have them, and they're great. Retrofitting would be a big job, I
 think. You would need a new steering wheel with the buttons, and then
 you would have to run the wires down the steering column. Not sure
 how the contacts are made from the moving wheel to the fixed column.
 Then of course the radio would have to accept the incoming wires....

 Terry Herrin
 99 FR CC R/T
 Wilmington, NC >>